Why your Company Should Care about Commuting
More than ever, workers are weighing the cost and hassle of commuting as they consider job opportunities. Let’s look at the data:
- 1 out of 3 employees consider the commute when choosing a job.
- The average Central Indiana commuter drives 40.8 miles and spends 50.6 minutes commuting to and from work every day.
- 23% of workers have quit a job because of their commute.
Strengthen your Employer of Choice status, deliver low-cost benefits to employees and help to improve the environment by supporting responsible commuting … and we’ll help for free.
That’s right: Commuter Connect offers free services that help Central Indiana employers address some of their employees’ biggest concerns through commuter benefits that cost the company little or nothing. These services include:
- Helping you establish pre-tax flex accounts for commuting-related expenses
- Showing you how to partially or fully subsidize IndyGo and Workforce Connector passes and/or vanpool fares
- Working with you to set up preferential parking for vanpoolers and carpoolers
- Showing you how to create incentives for vanpooling and carpooling
- Giving you guidance on installing bike lockers and commuter showers
GET STARTED NOW!
It’s Simple and It’s Free!
- Reach out to Commuter Connect and we’ll meet with you to discuss your company’s needs, challenges and expectations. Call an Outreach Representative at 317-327-RIDE.
- We’ll collaborate to create a program that works for you and your employees.
- We’ll work together to schedule a time to explain the program and benefits to your employees.
Commuter Connect will provide employees with information and one-on-one guidance on how they can improve their commutes and benefit from using alternatives to driving alone. We’ll help make you the hero by showing how your firm is helping to make their commutes better and less expensive.
Allow us to come in to your place of business and meet with employees in a lunch room or conference room, and we’ll present Commuter Connect’s services and sign up your employees as Registered Commuters. This registration will qualify them for a range of benefits, including our free Emergency Ride Home program. It won’t take a lot of time, but it will deliver a lot of benefits to you and your team!
Upon request, we can present our Commuter 101 Workshop to your entire workforce. This information fair can be done independently or as part of scheduled company events like a regular HR benefits fair or health & safety fair.