Get to Know the Commuter Connect Team
Get To Know – Justin Smith, Customer Service Specialist
1. What is your position and how long have you been with Commuter Connect?
I just started on February 22nd in the role of Customer Service Specialist.
2. How did you get started in the industry?
Followed by a 21-year career in the automobile insurance industry, my role prior to this one was being a driver for a senior living community. Having a background associated with “driving/transportation,” the position at CIRTA popped up as a match via a computer search.
3. What is your favorite part of the job?
Helping people find ways to get to where they need to be (a critical piece to most people’s daily life).
4. What is your best commuting tip?
Most people spend more time each week commuting to and from work vs. any other activity. Why spend all of this time alone? Check out what commuting options may be available.
5. How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
My wife and I enjoy a variety of activities. We are both kind of spontaneous when deciding to do things and don’t typically have much planned in advance.
6. What is one thing you want to do when the pandemic is over?
Be able to go to concerts again. We have had tickets to one that has now been postponed a couple of times due to Covid, and has now been pushed out to mid-2022!
7. What are you reading or watching right now?
My wife and I used to be avid watchers of American Idol. We stopped watching for a while, but recently started watching again when the new season premiered in February.
8. What is your favorite destination/activity in Central Indiana?
My wife and I enjoy going to the parks when the weather is nice.