Get to Know the Commuter Connect Team
Get To Know – Jennifer Gebhard, Program Manager
1. What is your position and how long have you been with Commuter Connect?
I have been with Commuter Connect for 8 years. I did take a leave for 2 years when my husband’s job took us to CA. I am now the Program Manager.
2. How did you get started in the industry?
I got started in the industry by moving overseas to England. The experience of living in Europe and seeing great walkable communities with transit was missing from my so-called great community that I was returning to. I felt blessed to live overseas and really wanted to come home to give back and make a difference.
3. What is your favorite part of the job?
My favorite part of the job is giving people hope and resources. Everyday our office receives calls from people who have a job offer but can’t get to that job due to a lack of a true regional transportation system. My own uncle had to walk over 3 hours in the cold many times and even live in his unreliable vehicle to continue to work and provide for his family. Our agency can fill gaps and provide people with possible solutions.
4. What is your best commuting tip?
Don’t commute alone, find a carpool partner, use public transit, bike or walk to work if it’s available.
5. How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
I spend my time with my family traveling, hiking, and volunteering in the community.
6. What is one thing you want to do when the pandemic is over?
When the pandemic is over I hope to take another international vacation.
7. What are you reading or watching right now?
I don’t watch much TV or read many novels. I am a busy body and definitely have issues relaxing and slowing down.
8. What is your favorite destination/activity in Central Indiana?
My favorite destination in Central IN is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Our family has been involved with racing for decades.